March 11, 2010

Snickerdoodles

This wonderful Snickerdoodle recipe comes from Books and Bites.  When I make cookies I always substitute half the butter for butter flavored Crisco.  So in this recipe I used 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco.  This substitution gives the perfect chewy to crunch ratio.

Once the dough was mixed, a scoop was used to make uniform balls.



The balls were then rolled in a cinnamon sugar mix, and placed on a cookie sheet to bake.


They came out looking scrumptious.



Just in case they weren't irresistible enough, I then dipped some of them into Wilton's chocolate candy.


And then, just in case they weren't fun enough, I put a few on a stick.  Everything is more fun on a stick.



A Stickerdoodle.  And yes, this is two cookies with a stick sandwiched between them, and chocolate acting as the glue.  

It really is quite obscene. 

My apologies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment